Friday, January 30, 2009

25 Random Things About Me


25 Random Things About Me


(This was a facebook thing so I thought I'd add it to my blog.)

1. It is nearly impossible for me to be brief!!! But there, I did it… (if you don’t feel like reading the rest of this I’ll understand!)


2. I’m extremely grateful for my challenges. I couldn’t always say that but now I can without reservation. I soooo badly want to be the most amazing, incredible, effective, capable person I can be~ to totally fill the measure of my creation!…and you know what get’s me closer to my BIG GIANT ever EXPANSIVE goal…yep, you guessed it, challenges. So bring’em on! I’ll just get better at staying happy in the midst of them and I’ll keep getting stronger…


3. I used to chainsaw carve- I made bears and fish and eagles etc... Yep…nothing like a girl with a power tool!!! I was even featured on the nightly news in Seattle because of it. The thing that was most funny was when they showed my kids playing on the swing set with earplugs in next to my carving area. MmmMRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUU!!!!!

4. I am taking up bee keeping this spring. I’ve always loved the little creatures, they are industrious, organized, persevering, purposeful, spirited, tenacious and to top it off~ are extremely passionate…no wonder they resonate with me. Queen Bee Power!!!

5. Yoga~ it is my sanity. There is nothing that a good yoga class can’t put into perspective. I just love how it centers a person, quiets the mind, and connects me to my real purpose. I am also so extremely grateful for my body. 12 years ago I was in a car accident. I ended up having back surgery and Physical Therapy three days a week. For 9 years I struggled intensely with my back. Then I found YOGA…whew! I learned how to strengthen my core body, and am happy to say that most of the time I am totally pain free…except when I go crazy shoveling snow at 1am.

6. I do acting and a bit of modeling- an incredible way to make money doing something that I love!!!! The best part about it is working with people…I just love interacting with the director, my fellow actors, and the crews. I also love the feeling of being in front of the camera- there is something about it that just is so real…there is no hiding! What you see is what you get, and I’ve always loved that honesty! I’m fortunate that I don’t get nervous very easily…actually there is something so invigorating to me about all of the lights, camera, action energy in the room! I’m a very lucky girl!

7. I have been blessed with the most amazing friends my whole life! I count myself very rich…I can hardly believe how fortunate I am as I sit and reflect upon each person and uniquely characteristic difference they have made in my life…even when they didn’t know the impression or imprint that they were leaving in even the tiniest interaction. It’s just really incredible to me and a sure testament of the power of one… and if you are reading this…you can be sure that you are one of whom I speak. I most sincerely thank you!

8. I love water! It is the most amazing element. I love to be in it, whether it’s floating way out past the waves in the big blue ocean, reading a book in the bathtub, or totally surrendering every bit of stress as I float in my hot tub on a frosty snowy night…Ahhhh, water!

9. Speaking of Water…I had three of my five babies in water. My last little sweet girl was born in my hot tub in the back yard on a blustery November night. SO INVIGORATING- and what an awesome way to enter the world!

10. I am totally into midwifery. I thought I wanted to become a midwife but I realized that I’m too much of a free spirit to be on call. I still want to learn the art of helping to bring babies into the world…and then just happen to be needed someday. I realized that what I really love about midwifery is watching women become empowered as they take responsibility for their birth experience. It is so amazing to see a woman walk the journey of growth that pregnancy, labor, and birth can produce. I never tire of it!

11. I was given an African name while I was in Africa…Rohoyamakunga. It means Heart of a Midwife.

12. Delicious food is one thing that makes this life so wonderful. We are such a blessed nation…to have at our fingertips any spice and nearly any food we could wish for. The ability to create delicious, creative, beautiful to look at food for the people I love is one of the great joys of my life. Come on over…I promise you will leave with a very happy tummy! Even as I type this I am simmering a pot of Srilankan Kukul Mas Curry and making Saffron rice for some friends I’m going to visit. Yummy!

13. I have lived in the most amazing places…but in my heart there is and will always be a tender place for my garden home Seattle. I suppose it is the place I think I “really grew up.” and after all it’s the place I found the love of my life while I played in the phenomenal adventure land that is the Emerald City. I had my 5 beautiful children there and together we played some more. I happily explored every nook and cranny and dined at nearly every restaurant and tasted every possible kind of food I could with my dear wonderful friend Grandma. Oh…just get me started. Sufficed to say-SEATTLE…there is no place like it!

14. I LOVE TO BE ORGANIZED!!!! It is the one outward place in life that it’s okay to wield absolute power!

15. I love the BLUE ANGLE’S. When I watch them fly overhead I feel like a school girl with her first crush. There is something so dang sexy about those planes and the sound they make as they jet across the sky. I think my heart is beating faster just thinking about them. Man I’ve got it bad!

16. Butterfly is my 17 hand,1,500 lbs American Warmblood. Right now she’s in foal with her second baby due in April. I am making a primary that by October of 2009 we will be together again!!!

17. My Jewels are my 5 astounding, splendid children. They truly fill me up and give me reason to live. I have many regrets that sting from my almost 18 years of motherhood, but I keep trying to grow and change and to be better. Hopefully when the time comes for them to go on their own, they will forgive me for my mistakes as well as carry with them a firm knowledge that they are totally loved; that they will know who they are, and have a vision of who they can become. That they will know they can do anything they set their minds too…and not just because I told them so, but because I did! Oh… And I hope that they will be full of memories of many fun times…enough that they come back home for more. I’ll let them go, but I’ll still hold on…


18. Right now I am witnessing what I consider to be a miracle every day at my kitchen counter as I help my little Kindergartner as she learns to read. It is simply breathtaking, for I acknowledge reading to be one of the most significant abilities anyone could have. In reading there is freedom, in reading there is power, in reading there is hope! (I learned that in Africa) I could never list all the incredible books that have changed the course of my life…they (especially the scriptures) have helped mold me, one page at a time, into who I am. l live in gratitude daily for my ability to read.

WOW THIS IS A LONG LIST…

19. Memorizing…it’s a talent (that I work hard on.) I like to memorize lots of quotes and poems…and lucky for me it helps with my scripts. It’s good…because kinda like having SUPERCALAFRAGALISTICEXPEALIDOUCIOUS up your sleeve…I’m never at a loss for something I could say.


20. I too love words, verbally spoken and written…to me they are magical, mystical, powerful and liberating. To command them in a way that can bring a smile to your neighbors face, or cause a grown man to cry, or make someone you love burst out in laughter; or how they can be even so sharp that they can pierce through the very heart of someone~ all of this just amazes me. Words are a tool so mighty, with such a lasting affect that one must treat them with care. My favorite of all time bathroom reading is…you guessed it, a dictionary and a thesaurus. Try taking one in with you…but you may have a hard time coming out.


21. Dolphins are my favorite animals because they are an example to me that no matter what happens it’s important to never loose your sense of humor. Even in the direst of circumstances, they stay connected with their friends, they work together to tackle their challenges, and remember to keep it light!


22. Light! I love light…whether it’s morning light coming in my window shining on me as I write in my journal, or Candle light making my home feel warm and cozy. Christmas Lights, and firelight, or even track light. I love the light that radiates from my friends smiley face…or from my lover’s eyes as he looks at me across a romantic dinner table. And of course there is the light that comes from the gospel, and the brightest light of all…HIM. Light- I am addicted to it. Anything that brings more light into my life…that is what I am attracted to, it’s what I crave, I live for it!


23. Journal writing is something I’ve been doing fairly regularly now for about 25 years. I have 28 complete volumes, 10 of them written in the last 3 years alone. Writing in my journal is my other therapist that combined with regular Yoga keeps me pretty happy. I don’t know if anyone will ever read them, or would want to, but I will say that I have learned so very much by writing and it has helped me be self aware…I can see my problems from a far instead of being “in them,” and I think there is something so self healing about that.


24. I ran for Mrs. Utah. It was very interesting. It was funny to see there faces when I answered the question- what is the most unusual thing you did to prepare to run, and I responded with, “I bought makeup.” Anyways I hope that was that girly girl enough for you Mr. Huddleston? Now can I go back to my hiking boots?


LAST BUT NOT LEAST…

25. I have a horrible habit of holding it…you know- not going to the bathroom until I absolutely have to! You’re lucky though…because all these things would have probably been way longer except for the fact that I’m totally wiggling in my seat right now. GOTTA GOOOOOoooooooo……





1 comment:

  1. Great pic!!! And some pretty interesting things about you too...

    ReplyDelete