Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Andrea's Smiling




I suspected this day might come. That I would be writing on my blog, entitled 'Andrea's Smiling' without much of a smile.

And so as I sit here and contemplate all I have done in this day to combat my discouragement, I feel happy-er because I see that I am choosing, and feel how choosing is powerful!

In the past if I had a day like today...( I'll spare you the details) I most likely would have have started in a downward spiral. Instead of writing this blog, for instance, I would most likely have gone to read MSN-BC. You can imagine how cheered up I would be after doing that.

But now, when days like today come I do something different.
First, I let myself feel what I'm feeling. I often acknowledged it by spending a little time writing about it in my journal. When I've decided I've got it all out of me and am ready to shift...then I focus on what I want.
I recited some of my favorite "keep going" poems, listen to good music, make some phone calls to others who are struggling and encouraged them. Post positive comments on facebook to cheer up others. And today something new...I read my friends blog and that cheered me up!

It is so evident that we humans are going to have opposition. It doesn't' matter how positive you are or what your life circumstance is...there are going to be challenges.
I am seeing that for me, many of my challenges are self made and HUGE because I am living full out and taking big risks. I guess it's sorta like someone who decides to climb to the top of the mountain instead of climbing just to base camp.
People might think...stop complaining and just climb down if you don't like it. And they have a point.
I don't think there is a right or wrong/ better or worse way to be. We each have our dreams.
And the reality is, if a person falls from the top or on the way up it's going to be A LOT farther fall than if they had played it safe.
But I can't help but focus on the truth that when one makes it to the top it feels soooo amazing because of the sacrifice and risk!

Just writing this helps me. It is reminding me why I have these situations that cause me "stress." I chose this!
And it is because of my absolute commitment and desire to live full out, to play big, and not only that, but to make a grand difference!
I believe wholeheartedly in my ability and capacity to create amazing, and I guess that is worth some scary moments.
Yes. I'm back in feel now and I remember.
This truly its worth all the faith I can muster!


"The future belongs to those who believe in the quality of their dreams."
~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

1 comment:

  1. well helllooo there! i went to yoga tonight and it totally reminded me of what you have just written - do the things that are LIFE GIVING to you. put your attention there and you will feel the gratitude that was always there. the love that was always there. we just forget about those things when we are distracted by the so so many things that pull us away from this. and that's what you did!! so hooray!

    love you!

    ReplyDelete